We love getting into the Halloween spirit over at Zola HQ! Perhaps it’s the increase in candy consumption around the office that gets everyone excited – Either way, there’s no shortage of fun surrounding this spooky event. We decided to whip up our favorite DIY drink + snack combo for the occasion. Whether you’re hosting or attending a Halloween party this weekend, here are two quick & easy DIY treats to woo (and boo) your guests!
Creepy Crawly Cocktails
Featuring OXO’s Good Grips Spirits Ice Cube Tray
What You’ll Need:
- Fresh H2O
- Ice Cube Tray – We recommend using a silicon tray like the above for easy removal.
- Plastic Toy Spiders
- Clear drinking glasses (so you can see the crawlers!)
- Your favorite cocktail, soda or punch filled to the brim
How to Make:
1. First, wash the plastic spiders with soap and water.
2. Place one toy spider into each cube, and then fill ice trays with fresh filtered water. Freeze overnight.
Featuring Kate Spade’s Darling Point Double Old Fashioned Glass Set
3. Once the cubes are ready, we recommend bringing the ice trays directly to the party & crafting your cocktails on-site. If you’re hosting, go ahead and place your creepy crawly cubes straight into the glasses or fill up an ice bucket for your guests to self-serve.
4. Beware of choking hazard! Serve drinks with a festive paper straw.
Chocolate Marshmallow Pops
Featuring All-Clad’s Tri-Ply Sauce Pan with Lid
What You’ll Need:
- 2 Bags of Milk or Dark Chocolate Baking Chips – We used Guittard.
- 1-2 Bags of Large Marshmallows (Depends on how many pops you’d like to make!)
- Toppings: Sprinkles, Nuts, Oreo Crumbs, etc. Go crazy! The opportunities are endless!
- Decorative Straws
How To Make:
1. Place 1 marshmallow onto each straw, and set aside on a plate or a baking sheet (option to line with wax paper). Pour sprinkles into a small bowl and set aside.
2. Put milk (or dark) chocolate chips into a small saucepan. Heat it on medium for one minute at a time, stirring each time. It should only take a few minutes.
Featuring Vera Wang’s Simplicity Ombre 4-Piece Place Setting
Featuring Juliska’s Puro Cereal/Ice Cream Bowl
3. Dip the marshmallow kabobs into the melted chocolate and coat thoroughly, then hold over the toppings and use your other hand to sprinkle the toppings on while you turn the marshmallow pop to evenly coat.
4. Place your newly decorated marshmallow pops onto a plate or wax paper-lined baking sheet. Leave in the fridge to chill for at least 30-45 minutes.
Share your creepy creations with us! Tag us @ZolaRegistry for a chance to be featured.
Wishing you a very Happy Halloween!